Thursday, January 22, 2015

I am only Human



I got myself a Dreamcatcher.

It trapped some,
allowed many to filter out and away.
Some that tangled in the web disappeared with the Sun.
The morning peeped through the shutters of my window.

I am human.
I only yearned the ones lost.
With barely half an eye,
only a quarter of the heart
on the dreams firmly caught in its porous wings.
The ones that with little love would slide down the feathers,
to drop,
as tiny snowflakes of dreams whispering their fruition on my sleeping shoulders.

But none of that romanced me.
Not then.
I am only human.

God is not human.
He knows I'll turn a bend,
Someday,
and mourn the ones once caught, castaway, and lost.
With remorse and guilt.

HE knows,
I am only human.

He watered those saps, waify- buds amorous to grow out of their dreamy tangle,
Kindled life in them.
Dormant at the moment,
wombing a Tree of Life.

Because HE knows I am human.

One-day,
I will find my way back to the dreams
that firmly caught on the willow hoop.

And weave with the threads of their magnificence—my Life.


Nivedita Das Narayan

1 comment:

The Azad Blogspace said...

Poetess!!! And very very deep.... You should write this genre more often... Very very nice!!!